TCBC Statement of Faith
(1) We believe that the Bible in its entirety, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired and infallible Word of God, and it is the only authority for Christian faith and life.
(2) that the one true and living God who is, who was, and who is to come, eternally exists in three distinct persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; that God is the creator and sustainer of all creation
(3) that Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary; that in Him perfect humanity and deity are found in one personality; that He is the mediator between God and man; that He was crucified on the cross for the sins of all mankind and His blood was shed to fulfill the requirements of God’s Law; that He was bodily raised from the dead, ascended to Heaven; that in the last day, Christ will come again personally to the earth as He has promised, to judge the living and the dead; that there will be a bodily resurrection of the dead, with the believers inheriting eternal life, and the non-believers eternal condemnation;
(4) that the Holy Spirit is the Counselor, who inspires and transforms people, and who comforts, helps and teaches believers;
(5) that salvation depends solely on the dying of our Lord Jesus Christ for sinners. By the shedding of His blood, He once for all accomplished the foundation of eternal salvation; that those who confess Jesus Christ as their Lord, and believe that God raised Him from the dead, shall be saved;
(6) that since the first man Adam sinned, all people have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and need to repent of their sins and believe in Christ, or they will suffer the eternal punishment of hell; and
(7) that marriage is a holy union established by God between one man and one woman only. Accordingly, our polices and practices are guided by this belief.