Hello Friends and Members of TCBC English Congregation,
This is a fairly lengthy update. I’ll keep the longer newsletters to once a month. I hope this supports your connection to us.
1. The Sunday in-person option at St George the Martyr Church launched successfully. We are at roughly 1/2 site capacity (max 70) so even if you don’t pre register they will be space. Pre registration speeds up the check-in process. As per government guidelines, we hold onto the information for 30 days in case Toronto Public health request it for contact tracing. After that the date is destroyed. This is the link for pre-registration:
2. We are in a series called “The Community of Jesus” and are taking in the teaching of Ephesians chapters 4-6. To help give a fuller view of Christ and the Church, I will hold a hybrid reading class for Ephesians (6 chapters, 6 weeks). You are welcome to join over Zoom.
Topic: Walk Through Ephesians
Time: Sundays Sept. 26 to Oct. 31, 11:30am to 12:30pm
Please contact Rev Nolan for the Zoom meeting info
Note: Our Youth Sunday School class is also held over Zoom. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about our youth (Jr. High and High School) ministry.
3. Our new venture into creating and Active Space for community building begins with the Baldwin Street Badminton Club. If you are interested in reaching out to our community, breaking isolation and promoting health through doing something active then please join us for our vision meeting (bring your racquet if you want to play!). Let me know if you are interested in participating.
Monday Sep 27, 7 p.m. in church gym – Tony, Iris, Kam, Steve (from CPC), Pastor Alan and myself
– Purpose of club
– Ministry training for team
– How club works and runs, and fees
– Brainstorm ideas for recruiting, and for a fun and successful badminton club
– Ministry prayer time
4. On-line groups (let me know if you can join us and I can provide contact information). Also let me know if you are keen on starting up a discipleship group that is open to others at our church.
– Wednesday night prayer meeting 8pm-9pm
– Friday night discipleship group 7:30pm-9pm
– Saturday afternoons (1st and 3rd Saturday) Berean Fellowship study of Colossians
Note: for youth: Tuesday (on-line) and Friday (in-person).Please contact email@example.com for information about our youth (Jr. High and High School) ministry.