Hello Friends and Members of TCBC English Congregation,
We are getting there. We are not there yet but we are working out the Sunday set up at our St. George St. temporary site. We are a bit over 1/2 site capacity (max 65) so there will be space if you wake up Sunday morning and all of a sudden want to come. Our airplane isn’t full. That being said, pre registration speeds up the check-in process. As per government guidelines, we hold onto the information for 30 days in case Toronto Public health requests it for contact tracing. After that the date is destroyed.
This is the link for pre-registration – Registration Form
We are looking for additional helpers for set-up and check-in. There is more work for us since we are no longer in our own building.
Our Youth Sunday School class is also held over Zoom. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about our youth (Jr. High and High School) ministry.
The Baldwin Street Badminton Club has launched.
- membership fee will be $25/season, which will cover club activities, supplies, and season-end party.
- The fee per play will be an additional $5/evening
- membership includes 2 free guest passes so you can invite a friend to play
- 3 hours play time per evening from 7pm to 10pm
- generally 15 min on court/15 min off court throughout the night
- mixed doubles where you will be matched up according to playing experience
- we will begin Tuesday (tomorrow!) and begin taking registration and limit registration to 30 players
- normal gym rules apply which means in these COVID 19 conditions all players and volunteers must show proof of vaccination
If you live downtown and looking to stay fit throughout the winter or to just meet a lot of great people in our neighbourhood, this is a great option.
Click the link below to download the membership form
Note: we are working on eventually starting up volleyball and basketball clubs
On Line Groups
On-line groups (let me know if you can join us and I can provide contact information). Also let me know if you are keen on starting up a discipleship group that is open to others at our church.
- Wednesday night prayer meeting 8pm-9pm
- Friday night discipleship group 7:30pm-9pm
- Saturday afternoons Berean Fellowship study of Colossians & Couples Group doing a marriage building study
Hiking in Crothers Woods
- 10am Saturday Oct 16 (look for Mara C.) and 2pm Sunday Oct. 17 (I will be there for this one)
- the trail entrance is right by the Loblaws on Redway Rd. Redway runs east off of Millwood Rd north of Overlea Blvd and just south of the railway overpass.
- there is parking in Loblaws at the Trailhead. I checked with the store and we can disregard the signs saying it’s only for customers. They don’t tag vehicles.
- no registration needed. This is an outdoor event that you undertake at your own risk. Please have footwear and outer clothing suitable for the weather conditions.